Monday, February 15, 2010

Catch up

Ok, I realize it's been almost two months since I posted. This isn't anything unusual for me. I have a diary, and I've had it since I was very little. Once I became a little older, every post in my diary began with "Dear Diary, It's been so long!" So, I'm not too surprised. I skipped the time of the year that included my Birthday, Christmas, New Year, going back to work, and Valentine's Day. So, there is much to catch up on.

Firstly, I'm 26...yes, that makes me older than Marc, which he reminds me of frequently. We didn't do anything special, but he bought me a beautiful heart necklace with our names and wedding date engraved into it. I love it.

A few days later, my parents came to visit (Trip 1 to Lubbock). We went to Chick-fil-a, which is a treat these days! They were here through Christmas. We had lots of good intentions about things to do while they were here. However, the snow had other ideas. We were snowed in for a few days. But, it was still fun to hang out. A few days after Christmas, Marc's parents came to visit (Trip 2 to Lubbock). They were lots of fun, as usual :) We went shopping while in Lubbock, and exchanged gifts once we got back home. Marc took all of our parents to visit Marc's plane, before he took off one afternoon. That was very cool to see what Marc's been talking about for over a year. And the snow made us rush home in order to not get stuck. Meanwhile, we took my parents back to the airport (Trip3 to Lubbock), and went shopping some more! We had plans for New Year's Eve that didn't pan out, so we went to some friends' house to hang out for the countdown. Soon after, we went home....very anti-climactic. Yay 2010! And, the next day we took Marc's parents back to the airport (Trip 4 to Lubbock). We went straight home...we'd had enough of Lubbock... LOL!

Work began a couple days later, which was kinda nice to get back into a routine. The break was fun, but crazy! A week later, Marc was sent to help with the Haiti relief efforts. He was so excited! Real-life help, real-life missions. I was a little upset, simply because I want him home, but I was proud that he could do something to help. While he was gone, I got my car stuck in the snow in our driveway, and had to call one of our friends to help me out. 3 days later, another friend was asked by one of the squadron wives to shovel our driveway...we don't own a shovel. Needless to say, I was ecstatic when he came home a little over two weeks later - just in time for Valentine's day. Valentine's day, also anticlimactic, was nice to spend with my valentine...seeing as this may not be something I have the opportunity to do in the future. I got a planted tulip, so I can keep it growing :)

There's not much new these days. Work, flying, the dog, the bills, etc. Not to exciting :) I'm trying hard not to think about it, but Marc's first deployment is just around the corner. That should be fun...ha!

No comments: